Automated self-service returns kiosks mean customers spend less time standing in lines waiting to physically return purchases. Service desks are areas of pressure for stores, as shoppers maintain distance between each other, significantly increasing the length of lines. Providing a self-service kiosk for drop-offs enables customers with return transactions to skip the line, save time, and improve social distancing behavior.
Automated returns kiosk enables you to:
- Reduce line time for customers, for added convenience and more time to shop
- Reassure customers of return success with simple customer journey and digital receipts
- Create positive brand associations: easy-to-use tech solves a frustrating problem
- Save time for staff members with fewer over-the-counter returns
- Drive additional footfall into store without overloading store staff
- Increase insight via data capture into who is returning, what is coming back, and why
Retail operators should also see this as an opportunity to drive footfall and better understand customer returns behavior to improve marketing. Using digital kiosks allows retailers to accurately capture returns data as well as streamline returns operations and cost.